NOFASD education and training events
NOFASD Australia does not necessarily endorse the events listed below.
National conferences and events
International conferences and events
We are happy to invite you to join us and our partners at the 2017 National Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Conference in Calgary, Alberta on October 24-27, 2017.
This important multi-disciplinary conference will focus on FASD and its impact on individuals, families, communities and society at large. It will feature a variety of keynote presentations, panel discussions and over 50 breakout sessions.
The event will take place at the Westin Calgary on Oct 24-27, 2017. It will include an optional evening event on the Tuesday night, two full days of conference Wednesday and Thursday and a final half day on Friday.
The Government of Alberta will be hosting this event on behalf of the Canada Northwest FASD Partnership (CNFASDP) and the Alberta FASD Cross-Ministry Committee. It will combine the CNFASDP and the annual Alberta FASD Conferences.
Most importantly this national event will connect new research and innovative policy to community and front-line services. This will include meaningful discussion on the latest practices in FASD prevention, assessment and supports. Over the course of the three-day conference, participants can expect to:
- Increase their knowledge on recent developments in the field of FASD from across the nation
- Network and share with people from all areas of the FASD community
- Learn about best-practice and new evidence-based tools to navigate through different stages of life, supports and services
- Increase their understanding and awareness of the impact of FASD on the lives of individuals and caregivers
This conference will be of interest to:
- Caregivers and families
- Individuals with FASD
- Community agency staff
- Front-line service workers
- Government ministries and policy-makers
- Academics and researchers
- Justice and corrections workers
- Family support workers
- Medical professionals
- Teachers and educational administrators
- Social workers
- Mental health workers
- Alcohol and drug workers
- Elected officials
Registration will open May 2017 and at this time a link to register and to find special rates for accommodations will be provided on this page.
Call for Abstracts:
The Call for Abstracts will be open from March 1 to April 5, 2017. Please visit Abstract Submission
for the guidelines.