The web links and resources listed here are presented for information and educational purposes only and do not necessarily reflect the opinions
of or endorsement by NOFASD Australia.
Please also take a look at the policy and advocacy section
of this website for some useful advocacy tools.
If you would like to suggest other useful FASD resources please Contact Us.
Synapse Options, is a free information and referral service. It is available for individuals who are affected by brain injury/brain disorders and their families, carers, or related professionals. Accessing the service is easy, via phone, email or in writing – whichever is most comfortable for the individual. Our experienced team will listen to their concerns, discuss the types of assistance or information that may be appropriate, then facilitate ways they may access support or information.
For more information click here
Australian FASD websites
International FASD websites
Information to support children living with FASD
- Lost at School: Why Our Kids with Behavioral Challenges are Falling Through the Cracks and How We Can Help Them
- The Explosive Child Fifth Edition: A New Approach for Understanding and Parenting Easily Frustrated, Chronically Inflexible Children
- Teens Raising Babies: Supporting and Assisting Pregnant and Parenting Teens - a blog from the American Psychological Association Public Interest Directorate.
- Where the books are - books to help and empower kids of all ages. This website is
a helpful resource for parents, grandparents, educators and friends. Find a picture book here that might help with a child's need
at a personal time.
- Caregiver Tip Sheets, from the Manitoba FASD Centre
- The Caregiver Curriculum on FASD 2014 is now online. The curriculum has
a range of topics on FASD that have been set up as self study modules for foster parents, families and caregivers. This new resource was created through the Tri-Province Study on FASD in Ontario, Manitoba and Alberta, funded by the Public Health Agency of Canada.
- FASD – Strategies not Solutions – a downloadable manual (the
Edmonton and area Fetal Alcohol Network, Canada)
- Parenting Children affected by Fetal Alcohol Syndrome: A Guide for Daily Living – a downloadable manual (British Columbia Ministry for Children and Families)
- Strategies parents find helpful in raising their children with FASD (St. Michael’s Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Diagnostic Clinic)
- FASD Tips for Parents and Caregivers (FASD Support Network of Saskatchewan Inc.)
- Explaining FASD to Your Child – FASD Tip Sheet for Parents and Caregiver s (Lutherwood, USA)
- Information about fetal alcohol exposure and the brain – downloadable handout (NIAAA, USA)
- Information about sensory processing disorder (SPD Foundation)
- Information about executive functioning (Asperger Autism Spectrum Education Network)
- Information about Central Auditory Processing Disorders
- Resources for children with Developmental Coordination Disorders (CanChild – Centre for Childhood Disability Research)
Information to support adults living with FASD
- Supporting Success for Adults with FASD (Community Living, British Columbia, Canada)
- Diagnosing FASD in Adults: Implications and Future Directions (Victoria BC FASD Adult Clinic)
- Neurobehaviour in Adolescents and Adults with FAS/ FAE (FAS Community
- Who has to change? Trying their hardest, doing their best! What it is like to live with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (Nathan Ory M.A.)
- Parents with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders: Using the Neuropsychological Assessment as an Instruction Manual for Success (Nancy L. Whitney, MS, LMHC, Clinical Director, King County Parent Child Assistance Program, University of Washington – Court Appointed Special Advocates for Children website)
- Fighting for a Future – FASD and ‘the system’: Adolescents, adults and their families and the state of affairs (FASD Connections, Jan Lutke and Tina Antrobus)
- FASD Connections – Collection of articles on adolescents and adults with FASD
Information and resources for health professionals
Information and resources for service providers
Information and resources for the education sector
Information and resources for the criminal justice sector