To be a strong and effective voice for individuals and families living with FASD, while supporting initiatives across Australia to promote prevention, diagnosis, intervention and management.
The prevention of alcohol exposed pregnancies in Australia and an improved quality of life for those affected by FASD including those living with FASD and their parents and carers.
NOFASD Australia is registered as an incorporated association in South Australia under the Associations Incorporation Act 1985 and has held Health Promotion Charity status since 2007. We are also an Australian Registered Body (ARBN 155 519 449).
NOFASD Australia has also been endorsed by the Australian Taxation Office as a Deductible Gift Recipient (DGR).
NOFASD Australia has a large network of individuals and organisations interested in FASD and related issues and is always working to further develop its network, referred to as the NOFASD Australia Community. NOFASD Australia seeks to engage with its network on an ongoing basis on a range of important issues to ensure that the needs and interests of individuals and families living with FASD are fully represented.
Our objectives are set out in our Constitution.
A Code of Conduct applies to the Board, management, and staff of NOFASD Australia specifying practices necessary to maintain confidence in its integrity.
NOFASD Australia Board of Directors
Chairperson: Janet Woollard
Public Officer: Tony Miers
Member: Christine Brooks
Member: Anne Heath
Member: Cheryl Dedman
Member: Nicole Hewlett
Member: Wendy Sinclair-Gieben
Click here to read about the experience and expertise each Board Member brings to NOFASD
Rachel Boyd, Burnie, Tasmania
Dry Kirkness, Chartered and Small Business Accountants, Perth, Western Australia
- Associations Incorporation Act 1985
- The Constitution of NOFASD
- ACNC Charity Regulator
- Australian Taxation Office
- Other relevant legislation including but not limited to:
- SafeWork SA
- Long Service Leave Act 1987
- Return to Work Act 2014
- Fair Work Act 2009
- Superannuation Guarantee Legislation
- Equal Opportunity Act 1984
- Disability Discrimination Act 1992
- Sex Discrimination Act 1984
- Racial Discrimination Act 1975
- Human Rights and Equal Opportunity Commission Act 1986
- Workplace Relations Act 1996
- Fair Work Act (SA) 1994
- Work Health and Safety Act 2012
- Privacy Act 1988
- Security Checks
- The Board of Directors of NOFASD Australia
- Mission, Vision and Positioning Statements of NOFASD
- NOFASD Business Story and Snapshot
- Contracts, Framework, Service Delivery, Compliance
- Staff Policy and Procedures
DARK GREY CIRCLE
Executive Officer and Senior Staff lead service delivery and operations
LIGHT GREY CIRCLE
Employees and contractors of NOFASD perform the organisation’s work to benefit the central stakeholders – parents, carers, families and individuals affected by FASD