Multiple avenues to support our stakeholders
As a direct result of support from the Australian Government, Department of Health, NOFASD undertakes a range of activities including:
- Ensuring the voice and concerns of the parents and carers of children and adults living with FASD is represented and included where it needs to be.
- A helpline, advisory and referral service for those who have FASD or are supporting someone who has FASD;
- A regular newsletter providing the latest information on all aspects of FASD for all relevant stakeholders;
- Digital education and training services; begin by completing the free, online, seven-module Australian Foundations in FASD course which provides an excellent introduction to FASD. Build on this knowledge by choosing any of our online webinars which address a variety of topics;
- An up-to-date comprehensive website of curated resources and links to assist in all aspects of FASD from those that provide an introduction to FASD, such as our “FASD Facts” brochure (click here to access) through to more specialised resources tailored to the needs of parents, carers, educators and other professionals seeking to improve their knowledge of this disability.
- Participation and support across all relevant national and international forums and initiatives which promote pregnancy health, prevention, diagnosis, intervention and management of FASD;
- Service provider training to increase sector knowledge and further FASD awareness; NOFASD can deliver training sessions online or face-to-face (COVID restrictions permitting). Workshops can be tailored to suit the specific needs of those being trained.