The harms of prenatal alcohol exposure are pervasive and an estimated 2-5% of children are currently living with FASD. In many cases the lifetime consequences can be tragic. To counter this impact, NOFASD Australia promotes an understanding that children and adults who live with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders can experience success with appropriate support and access to interventions.
NOFASD Australia, therefore, has a strong commitment to FASD prevention and support at all levels:
- Raise public awareness through community education and build a national carer support network
- Offer training to service providers to build their capacity to better respond to families who may be at risk of an alcohol exposed pregnancy or who may be living with FASD
- Offer consultation, advocacy and support for individuals and families whose lives are directly affected by FASD
Thank you for caring about people living with FASD. By supporting NOFASD Australia you are helping us to achieve our vision for the prevention of alcohol-exposed pregnancies in Australia and an improved quality of life for those living with FASD.
Your financial support will:
Allow families impact by FASD to access information and new strategies on how to best support their loved ones. For example NOFASD has used donations to enable families to attend FASD conferences.
Contribute to national campaigns to raise awareness in school communities, in health settings and in other advertising.
Contribute to the development and delivery of education and training programs and fund international travel for respected presenters to visit Australia.
Contribute to national campaigns (including printed literature and digital media) to raise public awareness and change attitudes and practices in health and other service provision settings. This includes ensuring that it is recognised that intergenerational alcohol use means that some parents may be themselves living with FASDs and, therefore, parenting for this population group may be about accommodating realistic expectations.
Contribute to research within our target area to:
- inform national and state/territory policy; and
- evaluate NOFASD Australia services to build best practice in our engagement with the community.
Donations may be made via this PayPal button ‘Donate‘.
OR… by Direct Deposit to:
A/c Name – SOCIETY CHEQUE ACCOUNT
BSB – 067010
A/c No – 10060041
If you are interested in donating to NOFASD Australia, no matter how small or big, your donation would be much appreciated. Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any further questions.