The harms from alcohol use are pervasive and an estimated 1 in every 100 live births may have been exposed to alcohol in utero. In many
NOFASD Australia, therefore, has a strong commitment to FASD prevention at all levels:
- Raise public awareness through community education and build a national carer support network
- Offer training to service providers to build their capacity to better respond to target groups who may be at increased risk for alcohol use in pregnancy or FASD
- Offer consultation, advocacy and support for individuals and families whose lives are directly affected by FASD.
Thank you for caring about people living with FASD. By supporting NOFASD Australia you are helping us to achieve our vision for the prevention of alcohol-exposed pregnancies in Australia and an improved quality of life for those living with FASD.
Your financial support will:
Contribute to national campaigns to raise awareness in school communities, in health settings and in other advertising.
Contribute to the development and delivery of education and training programs and fund international travel for respected presenters to visit Australia.
Contribute to national campaigns (including printed literature and digital media) to raise public awareness and change attitudes and practices in health and other service provision settings. This includes ensuring that it is recognised that intergenerational alcohol use means that some parents may be themselves living with FASDs and, therefore, parenting for this population group may be about accommodating realistic expectations.
Contribute to research within our target area to:
- inform national and state/territory policy; and
- evaluate NOFASD Australia services to build best practice in our engagement with the community.
Donations may be made via this PayPal button ‘Donate‘.
OR… by Direct Deposit to:
A/c Name – SOCIETY CHEQUE ACCOUNT
BSB – 067010
A/c No – 10060041
If you are interested in donating to NOFASD Australia, no matter how small or big, your donation would be much appreciated. Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any further questions.