Cards to help with planning, reflecting and discussions on FASD. Some ideas for using these cards include: (see below for more information)
- On your own to reflect on what happened when you are feeling heightened, or at the end of the day for planning.
- Carers with professionals – to easily get agreement on what kind of approach is needed. A single card is a simple reference point for discussion.
- Carers’ groups – to use as a focus or reference for discussion.
- At professionals’ or family meetings, to easily share information or approaches, for reflection and planning.
- To help at the time of explaining a diagnosis of FASD, and for subsequent help.
- For a person with FASD to reflect on how to explain to a friend or family member what works for them or not (with support).